Kale and Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Delicious Kale and Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto is one of my favourite condiments. It is so versatile and can be enjoyed in more than a dozen ways.
- 4 cups kale (tough stems removed)
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes (softened in hot water)
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast (or parmesan cheese)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Remove stems from kale. Soften the sun-dried tomatoes by pouring hot water over them and letting them sit for five minutes.
Place the kale, sun-dried tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, nutritional yeast and garlic in the food processor. Pulse several times. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add lemon juice and pulse again.
While the food processor is running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Continue processing until the mixture is well combined and has reached the desired texture, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl a couple of times.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you prefer a thinner pesto, add an additional 1-2 tablespoons olive oil.If you want a bit of a kick add some hot pepper flakes.
- Walnuts or pine nuts can be used instead of pumpkin seeds.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze in small containers. Makes 1 cup pesto.