Corn and Bean Salad with Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
This nutrient dense salad can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner and is a great salad for a potluck or summer picnic.
- 2 cups cooked black beans (or 1 can)
- 2 cups cooked corn
- 1 cup chopped sweet peppers
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 tbsp chopped jalapeno
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- ½ cup cashew cream (equal parts cashews and water*)
- ½ cup cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ tsp pepper flakes
- pinch Salt and pepper
Combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy.
Toss salad ingredients together in a large bowl. Add dressing and gently combine until the vegetables are coated.
Serve immediately. This salad is also delicious chilled and enjoyed the next day.
*How to prepare cashew cream: soak cashews for two hours water to soften (or place in boiling water for 10 minutes). Combine cashews and water in a high-speed blender until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Use canned or cooked beans.
- Use any color of peppers nd any kind of tomatoes.
- Add less red onion or use green onions instead.
- Use more or less jalapeno based upon your taste preference.