I have been asked so many times how to make almond milk that I decided it was time to share it. So here is an easy step-by-step visual guide to making your own almond milk.
- This milk will keep in the fridge for three-four days. The milk separates, so shake before pouring.
- Almond milk can be frozen.
- Save the almond pulp to make sweet treats.
- If you have a dehydrator, you can dehydrate your almond pulp and use as almond flour.
- To sweeten milk, add honey, maple syrup or, my favorite, dates (remove the pits) to the water and almonds. I add 3 dates to 1 litre of milk.
- Make chocolate milk by adding raw cacao to the milk before blending. I like to add 2-3 heaping tablespoons to 1 litre of milk.
- Add a splash of cinnamon for additional flavour.
- Add sweetener, cacao, and cinnamon for a delicious dessert drink.